Intermediate / Experienced
In summary, the Accountant will ensure that the goals and objectives of the accounts team are achieved
by providing support to the department as required and ensuring that all financial control measures are
Duties and Responsibilities
The Accountant will be assisting the accounts & administrative manager in all accounting functions
• Ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the company and funds, including
checking account equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
• Lead the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, including the financial status of
subproject account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
• Monitoring subproject budgets or funds as applicable by approved work plan activities.
• Monitor periodic expenditures of projects or funds by analyzing financial data and producing
periodic and ad hoc reports.
• Management of grants budget and continuous tracking of expenditures to ensure alignment
with donor policies.
• Lead the preparation of reports for submission to donors.
• Actively ensure that the external audit process is timely and conclusive.
• Ensuring full compliance with funders requirements in terms of financial reporting, disclosures,
and other provisions of the contract
• Ensure adequate and prompt remittance of all statutory deductions from Payroll. Such as
PAYE, Pension and NHIS
• Continuous development of the organization’s financial and internal control policies and
• Facilitate processing of cash advances, retirements, petty cash management, and refunds
made in favor of the company.
• Ensure that fiscal year budgets are initiated, facilitated, consolidated, and completed for
implementation in the subsequent period.
• Providing necessary support for the day-to-day operations of the organization
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High-level attention to detail
• Budget monitoring and general ledger skill
• Mathematical and analytical ability
• Basic use of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to keep documents well organized.
• Knowledge of general office practice and administrative procedures.
• Relevant software skills including accounting software and database management.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify
the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Due to a high volume of applicants, please
understand that we can contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:
using the job title as the subject of the email.