Program Officer, Climate & Sustainability
Intermediate / Experienced
The Program Officer will be required to fulfil the following primary responsibilities:
- Serve as climate-risk and resilience subject matter expert for AFC entrepreneur groups, team.
- Support the design and development of policies and programs aimed at providing solutions to the interlinked challenges of climate and food security in Africa.
- Drive the implementation of key climate action projects, engage contractors, and coordinate with internal teams to meet program deadlines.
- Design and deploy a world-class program curriculum, holding consultation meetings with experts, benchmarking best practices, and working with the ICT team to design and manage the program’s e-learning portal.
- Engage in media and advocacy, develop content for a wide range of communication materials including call for applications, videos, presentations, brochures, fliers, and other outreach tools.
- Screen and review applications, coordinate the selection process, and support program participants.
- Plan and facilitate focused meetings, conferences, webinars and workshops as necessary.
- Institute an M& E system to measure program KPIs and ensure compliance with relevant requirements.
- Prepare, analyze, and interpret reports, information, and data related to program implementation.
- Stay abreast of the developments in climate action and science, its relevant to the agriculture sector, and provide recommendations on the application of new information to existing and future initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned, especially related to climate action plans and food systems resilience.
Oct 21, 2022
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:
using the job title as the subject of the email.